I begin with the name of Allah, the Kind, the Caring
We are the Invitation Magazine, a digital platform where we share news, culture, Islamic knowledge, history, and highlight positivity in our community through human-facing stories. Our purpose is summed up by the words of Allah “invite to the way of your Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching” (Al-Nahl: 125).
Why is our work important?
Positive representation is something that is increasingly important in the digital world we live in. Unfortunately, the world continues to push polarising narratives of Muslims, creating a chasm between ‘us’ vs ‘them.’ Studies have shown a lack of representation can lead to infringement, loneliness, and a lack of strength in one’s identity, amongst many more things.
With Muslims making up 24% of the world’s population, we’re passionate about authentically representing Muslim communities.
Despite our faith uniting us, there are so many different cultures, identities and experiences of Muslims. We aim to change the archaic narrative of a monolithic version of a ‘Muslim’, and highlight diversity, positivity and greatness in our community. We hope to uplift, highlight and inspire the everyday Muslim to do their best and be authentically themselves in doing so.
To become a Dawah hub for education, inspiration and enlightenment. We aim to do this through Islamic knowledge and wisdom gleaned from stories gathered from diverse communities around the globe.
- To share sacred knowledge of the Quran and the Sunnah.
- To demonstrate Divine glory and creative power through discoveries in science and medicine.
- To advocate personal development and well-being.
- To network with individuals and community organisations and highlight achievements by telling their stories.
- To promote and publicise events, conferences, and ceremonies of interest to the Muslim communities.