fbpx

Community

The community section offers various articles from within the Muslim community in Britain. A range of topics including success stories, events, and campaigns can be found here.

Entrepreneurialism, Islam and why more people are opting to start a Business

With the beginning of Covid, rising living costs and social media, more people are choosing to work for themselves than ever before. Living under...

Interview exclusive: Fatima Barkatulla on the Muslim Womanhood organisation

Muslim Women are a pivotal part of keeping the faith and values of Islam alive. Yet despite this, why do so many women feel...

A son’s tribute to his mother

Our blessed mother, who returned to Allah on the last day of Ramadan, was laid to rest at the Gardens of Peace yesterday.  I arrived...

From Volunteer to House of Lords – Shaista Gohir celebrated

Shaista Gohir becomes the first Midlands Muslim woman to enter into the House of Lords. She was elected on the 17th May as a...

“My Journey to Islam” – exclusive interview with Lauren Booth

Lauren Booth, successful Journalist, Author, Activist, and sister in law to Tony Blair, began her journey in Islam in 2010 when she took her...

Malcolm X: How did Islam impact his life?

Malcolm X would have been 97 years old this week and his message is louder than ever. I want to pay tribute to a...

Greed in the 21st century

Greed is the inordinate desire to possess wealth, goods, & objects of abstract value with the intention to keep it for one’s self, far...

Halifax launches first Ramadan event with Iftaar Under the Stars

In the last week of Ramadan, the 51st Pellon Scout Group in West Yorkshire launched their first Iftaar event at the iconic Piece Hall....

7 dua’s to read when preparing for exams

With exam season upon us, it's time to knuckle down and get revising. Whether you're studying for GCSE's or Masters, exams are a daunting...

Are food banks an efficient way to tackle food poverty? In conversation with Sufra,...

With an increase in living costs, the covid crisis and a lack of accessibility to sustainable resources, more people are being forced to turn...