fbpx

Community

The community section offers various articles from within the Muslim community in Britain. A range of topics including success stories, events, and campaigns can be found here.

Food banks are reaching a Crisis point

The cost of living crisis doesn’t seem to be slowing down any soon, and charities supporting the most vulnerable are feeling the strain. Himmah are...

Motivate a Million fundraising dinner raises £15,000 for Quran distribution

Motivate a Million, a 5-year campaign dedicated to bridging the gap between accessibility and Islamic teachings to the wider public has raised 15k in...

Spiritual Malware – The High Tech Pilgrimage

Before we clicked a button to book rooms and flights, Hajj was a far more perilous trial. Pilgrims often fell ill or were robbed...

Akke Rahman becomes the first Bengali Muslim to climb Mount Everest

Aklakur, mostly known as Akke, set the precedent high as he climbed Mount Everest in a shocking time of 21 days. To give this...

Britain’s Economy sliding towards Breaking Point, according to Bloomberg.

Bloomberg has predicted that the British economy is sliding towards a breaking point. The economy is on track to shrink in the second quarter,...

Mo Farah reveals the harrowing truth about his life

Mo Farah shocks the nation as he reveals the shocking truth about his identity in a BBC documentary, The real Mo Farah, which aired...

Remembering the Srebrenica Massacre of 1992

A massacre and ethnic cleansing of 100,000 people, including women and children, happened on July 11th during the Bosnian war between 1992-1995. It has been...

You might be Emotionally & Spiritually ready, but are you Legally ready for Hajj?

Sadly, the new Saudi lottery-style system which elects pilgrims to “win” a visa, has seen many pilgrims’ dreams of visiting God’s home, shatter. For...

‘My wife left me when I became Muslim’ – How Islam changed my life

My wife and I had agreed to meet up in the waiting room for what turned out to be our one and only session...

What is the day of Arafat?

The Day of Arafat (Yawm Al-‘Arafah), falls on the 9th day of Dhul-Hijjah, the last month in the Islamic calendar. It is regarded as one...